Author Topic: Comments and Quotes  (Read 12889 times)

Offline TCU

• View Profile
    • The Wit and Wisdom of Cancer by Nina Paley
Comments and Quotes
« on: December 12, 2012, 09:50:28 AM »
Comments and Quotes

There is a great deal of video and picture evidence of humanity's "superior intelligence" on the internet, and while it is sickening to watch...well, that's the point, some people seem to enjoy justifying and defending it and those are the people I'd like to catalogue in this thread via their comments.

However, it's worth considering that those people are at least being honest, unlike the majority of hypocrites who "treat" themselves to a "mickey-d" burger moments after condemning factory farms or Chinese doggeries.
...Only One Solution {"MAN" by Steve Cutts}

Please feel free to send along editorial suggestions or report broken links. We're about success.

Offline TCU

• View Profile
Re: Comments and Quotes
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 09:52:09 AM »
MrJoshua2626 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViSnygd91-U

Everyone doesnt need to be a vegean. I never will be. I love animals but im not one of those Peta people. Im a steer wrestler in rodeo and I ride bulls. Dont even start shit with me, saying that rodeo is cruel. Its not because the? animals live longer. They are also treated very well. The reason why rodeos arent bein shutdown is because it will never happen. The animals in rodeo are bred to do what they do in rodeo. I hunt, fish, ride bulls, wrestle steers. I do what cowboys do!!!

---

MrJoshua2626 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViSnygd91-U

Shut the fuck up i aint never gunna stop eatin meat. Go fuck yourself!!!? Animals dont need rights. What they gonna do pick up a pencil and fuckin vote. Like i said fuck yourself. I love animals but they dont need stupid ass rights and i dont give a rats ass if i go to jail for killing innocent animals. I hunt deer elk and all game. Go fuck your stupid bitch. Pencil pusher

---

287robot - (VIDEO TITLE : Animals are Skinned Alive on Chinese Fur Farms)

Is anyone here worried about? worker safety?

If they are kept alike like that, there is no doubt some one will get bit and get some nasty disease from them... It's a lose lose for everyone :(

Please feel free to send along editorial suggestions or report broken links. We're about success.

Offline TCU

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 08:39:40 PM »
How do I get my boyfriend to stop abusing animals
http://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/14t6c5/update_how_do_i_21f_get_my_boyfriend_22m_to_stop/

“Well, it hurts the back of MY throat if I so much as jab it by accident. They’re getting a bit of metal bashing down the back of their throat and forcing its way down. They’re probably in pain for the next few days after. No wonder they hate it.”

...OOS

Offline TCU

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 12:34:43 PM »

Offline TCU

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 07:49:45 PM »
The Last Rhino
https://drstevebest.wordpress.com/2012/12/30/the-last-rhino-video/#comment-6868

Some people are going to disagree with me, but we need to capture what is left of all the wildlife, the Rhino’s, Elephants, Tiger’s, Lions, Orangutangs in Borneo, ect to a heavily armed Sanctuary situated in a Common area that is not so obscure to allow volunteers to easily commit to help, possibly even in the U.S. or the U.K., away from a impoverished area that will only succumb to $$$ offered them to kill, as well as the “Big White Hunter’s that can be out of societies grasps and commit as much havoc and murder with no accountability..like the Trump family, how can we fight that kind of $$$$$, in that environment??? -- Dominique Osh

Sorry Dominique: you can’t perhaps imagine how huge Africa is….! All the Sanctuaries and Reserves have followed the principle you mentioned, but the problem is: wildlife needs to stay wild. We know one thing for sure: Nature is able to find the right balance. Man is NOT.
Please have a look at the same problem, for cheetahs: http://www.cheetah.org and you will understand why some models work: they help the local population in maintaining its livelihood. You can’t save the rhinos or elephants or whatever animal if you do not think first of the population. -- SaveTheCheetah

Obviously these comments originate from the "good guys". You'll notice that the first guy advocates opening up armed camps for the few surviving species remaining. It's an interesting solution to imprison someone who hasn't committed a crime isn't it. Wouldn't it be nice to live on the sufferance of human "volunteers" and never again be entirely self-sufficient; To never again be faced with the decision to evolve or die.

The second comment acknowledges this and even admits that human beings are unable to live in harmony with the ecology as all other lifeforms have done. So their solution is to "think first of the human population". That's right, the population that created all the problems in the first place with their anthropocentric arrogance and greed still must come first. If any living being on earth fails to serve utility to humanity then they must be made to serve utility to humanity in order to save them. That's the "good guys" saying that...

I'd rather be fucking dead than exist under such a yoke. Fuck it.

Offline AlenaAlexandrova

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 12:20:10 PM »
You'll get idea after observing that the first guy advocates opening up armed camps for the few surviving species remaining. It's an interesting solution to imprison someone who hasn't committed a crime isn't it. But still I am putting my finger cross because I am confused. After reading and seeing all this.
Build your own website in minutes!
Build website online
How to make ur own website

Offline TCU

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 05:47:07 PM »
“We are a plague on the Earth."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/9815862/Humans-are-plague-on-Earth-Attenborough.html

Humans are a plague on the Earth that need to be controlled by limiting population growth, according to Sir David Attenborough.
The television presenter said that humans are threatening their own existence and that of other species by using up the world’s resources.

He said the only way to save the planet from famine and species extinction is to limit human population growth.

“We are a plague on the Earth. It’s coming home to roost over the next 50 years or so. It’s not just climate change; it’s sheer space, places to grow food for this enormous horde. Either we limit our population growth or the natural world will do it for us, and the natural world is doing it for us right now,” he told the Radio Times.

===

Now observe the naivety, callousness and intellectual calibre of human response :

===
David Attenborough is wrong – the human race has never been so successful or healthy
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/culture/harrymount/100067842/david-attenborough-is-wrong-the-human-race-has-never-been-so-successful-or-healthy/

He's claimed in an interview that the human race is a plague on the Earth. We must limit population growth or the natural world will do it for us - and the natural world is doing it for us right now, he says.

Erm, except it's not. Attenborough points to famines in Ethiopia and, he's right, things aren't too pleasant there. But, then again, he's cherry-picking his locations. Throughout most of the rest of the world, the human population is soaring because it's in such good shape. People are living longer, healthier lives than they've ever lived before, and there are more of us than ever before, too.

In time, Ethiopia should go through the life cycle of most human civilisations: it will grow more technologically sophisticated, get richer, and produce smaller families and longer-lived, healthier humans.

Would Attenborough really prefer us to go back to the Middle Ages, when the average Briton didn't make it to 40, dropping dead of diseases that have now been largely eradicated - like the plague, in fact.

If Attenborough visited a gorilla colony in Rwanda and saw the population growing, he'd be rightly delighted – and rightly conclude that they're doing much better than if that population was declining. But he makes an exception for the human race – when we're really not that different from gorillas.

Attenborough seems to have a Malthusian dislike of the human race. Oh, we are so awful, we must be doomed, is the logic. It's true, we may not behave too well; we have the power to be more destructive than any other animal, and we use that unpleasant power from time to time. But, from a purely selfish point of view, we are the kings of the planet and we're in rude health.

===
Sir David Attenborough "wrong" on human plague
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/9819441/Sir-David-Attenborough-wrong-on-human-plague.html

Sir David Attenborough was “wrong” to describe humans as a “plague on the Earth”, according to a leading environmentalist, who insists that the planet can sustain a much bigger population whilst protecting animals thanks to new technology like genetically modified crops.
But Bjorn Lomborg, the author of "The Skeptical Environmentalist" and an adjunct professor at Copenhagen Business School, said that this “Malthusian” view is outdated.

He argued that new technologies mean that humans need less land to produce food. Therefore the population can grow without harming wildlife and as people become richer it may even be possible to return degraded land to wildlife.

This has already happened over the last two centuries and will continue with precision farming, genetically modified crops and other technologies.

“I love David Attenborough’s programmes but the idea we cannot support the population is entirely neglecting the advance of technology we have found to utilise land and resources much more effectively.

“We have dramatically more people but also ways to make agriculture more productive on less land.”

Dr Lomborg also said improving standards of living meant people had less impact on the planet.

He said as people become richer they live in cities and do not impinge on nature so much.

“If you have unrestricted poverty then people will slash and burn to feed their kids but if you are rich you go and become a web designer in the city.

“The reality is that modern industrial production is one of the main ways of reducing our footprint.”

Dr Lomborg said it was a “human hating” point of view to think reducing the population is the only way to save species.

“Humans are part of nature and also have a space here - even if you look at it only from biodiversity point of view.

“The smart thing is to stop them being poor and get the technology so they are less of a danger to the biodiversity David Attenborough loves.”

Vanessa Baird, the author of the No Nonsense Guide to Population, also said Sir David was wrong.

She said it was not a question of how many people there are on the planet but how much they are consuming.

“Fixating on human numbers is perhaps easier than dealing with the tough political issues. Like, how are we going to make the fast and concerted shift away from fossil fuels to renewable energy when there is so little political will to do so and there is such a powerful vested interest in the business-as-usual model of assured destruction.”

She said fixating on population could also lead to dangerous extremist views.

“There have been many population panics before the current one - and it's best not to forget that they led to some pretty twisted and socially divisive thinking and actions. Somehow 'too many people' has a way of meaning 'too many of them'. It's rarely, genuinely, 'too many people like us.’”

Offline TCU

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 11:43:56 AM »
"i hunt deer but i wouldnt mind to own one also" -- clay ware
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqprJVBxbdY

Offline TCU

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 06:57:25 PM »
IAmAn Animal Tester, AMAA
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/17my6w/iaman_animal_tester_amaa/

I grew up in with a father who hunted, but also was into wetland preservation. I taught me that animals are to be respected, but that they also can serve a purpose. We need to take care of their environment, but we can also harvest some for food and prevent over population (I'm looking at you Canadian Geese). -- AnimalTester

Offline TCU

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 08:41:53 AM »
"In honor of this "news" story i'll go and have a nice thick juicy steak." -- Badger1225
http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/07/james-cromwell-peta-protest-arrest-university-wisconsin-madison

"My fiancé is a pig farmer. They're really cute and inquisitive as babies but when they get bigger they're mean and bite for no reason. A-holes. Good thing they'll be bacon soon."
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/199phj/dear_zookeepers_of_reddit_what_isare_some_of_the/c8m2wbz
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:44:39 PM by TCU »

Offline Deadly virus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 12:37:48 AM »
It's easy to slightly wave it away saying MrJoshua2626 is not a representative of all people, but if it's true, it is so only in how they talk the talk-not how they walk the walk.  It is so mainly regarding what people say (or don't say), but it hardly matters what people say- it's important what they do, and in their actions, people are truly like MrJoshua2626.
Animals don’t read youtube comments, for them it doesn’t matter how many likes a video got or whether some jerk like MrJoshua2626 was attacked by another user for his expressed vulgar opinions (which again, don’t worth a cent as opposed to his actions in which he's not that different than most humans but actually quite representative).

Maybe the intention behind this thread is to present voices like MrJoshua2626 but for example the infuriating image from I am the weapon message might not be relatable by many people but plenty others would find it amusing and most of the ones who don’t (because they oppose hunting) are eating meat from factory farms which is a lot worse. Hypocrisy rules. Everything is solely outwardly of caring and morality but actually the differences aren't that big, maybe only in terms of political correctness , not in actions. As TCU writes in the opening message…at least they are being honest... Most of the others are assholes with hypocrisy coating.

Animal suffering is so insignificant and unimportant that even the girl from How do I get my boyfriend to stop abusing animals doesn’t give up on her boyfriend even though she defines him herself…"You beat the shit out of terrified animals when you’re pissed off". Would these be the comments in the case of a murder? If he was a Nazi? A rapist? Even if he was "only" a declared racist or "merely" an outspoken fascist the comments and advises would be totally different.

And with that in mind, just read the endless stream of self assured comments to Attenborough’s rather banal analogy of humanity to a plague. Over 2000 eager members of the human defense league...

Offline E.A.S

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 03:38:38 AM »
I  was wondering myself while reading "How do I get my boyfriend to stop abusing animals” how can she want the hands that he normally uses to wrench sheep’s heads or twist their necks or aggressively jam medication down their throats or repeatedly bash sheep’s nose against the concrete until they put their head up, to hold her hands, to hug her. How can someone want to cuddle in the end of the day with someone who spent it torturing helpless creatures?!

But perhaps it is more interesting to talk about the boundaries of the term abuse.
Her question is How do I get my boyfriend to stop abusing animals meaning from her perspective there is a difference between some actions and situations happening in this farm and others and it seems that the line is between what she defines as necessary and what’s not. Shearing them for example is necessary in her eyes and so is subduing rams which unlike ewes, need to be drugged up before they can be shorn due to the fact that they’ll attack the shearers, and this means that her boyfriend has to jump them and fight to restrain them while she stabs them in the rump with a syringe.

So it is really easy to judge her for not only being with him but obviously also for taking an active part in the abuse herself, but if to make this discussion a little bit more difficult and to broaden it to the principle level… who doesn’t choose moral boundaries? who doesn’t choose where to draw the line of violence and abuse? Everybody define to themselves what abuse is and what it necessary. Some might be unaware that they are or are in denial thinking that there is a way to be moral but actually everybody hurts and abuse if they like it or not.  

Vegans also draw personal lines between what they decide is necessary and what’s not, compromising on someone else’s suffering. The difference is in the line location. It is a tremendous difference by no doubt, but it is still humans calling the shots on the account of other sentient creatures and without their permission.
From the vegans’ victims perspective there is no difference and there is no distinction between necessary and unnecessary. Their lines would be in a different place if it was up to them. But it is not their call, and that’s my point. To decide for others is inherent to living. In every consumption there is a compromise on someone else’s suffering. In plant based diet as well . Every consumption is drawing the line somewhere, somewhere different obviously than where the victims of that consumption would place it.
I am not saying that every line drawing is arbitrary. Vegans don’t arbitrarily decide where is theirs. Obviously vegans don’t arbitrarily decide to ban animal based products, they are either unaware of the suffering involved with plant based products or catalog it as necessary.

Almost needless to say that technically if every consumption victimizes someone and there is no option to exist otherwise, then victimizing is necessary. But necessary doesn’t mean morally justified.
Vegans who are truly doing their best at minimizing their consumption to what is necessary, under no circumstances should be placed with those who consume whatever they want whenever they want for their endless pleasures. But I expect from vegan activists to go the extra mile and wonder: if it is necessary to hurt in order to exist, how can existence be moral?  
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 03:44:41 AM by O.O.S »

Offline TCU

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 07:39:46 PM »
Fun Fact
http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/1n00pj/hairless_chimpanzee_no_wonder_they_are_so_lethal

"Fun fact, Animals have incredible tolerance to pain. But mostly the cutting, scratching kind. Even a horse gets hurt from a punch or kick to the ribs. So, in the event of animal attack. Punch/Kick. Blunt trauma seems to scare/hurt them more.

Source: Whenever I get arrested, I do my community service for the local Animal control. We have mean animals in my county." -- Vanity_Shmamity, Reddit

They don't call it "animal control" for nothing, folks. They gets the very best people's in for the job. Experienced Professionals. Like the kind of somebody who clearly makes a "fun" artform of inflicting "blunt trauma" and wonders why anyone might get "mean" about being on the receiving end of it. Such a lack of empathy and utter disregard for life is something of a common thread where humanity is concerned isn't it. This comment from Vanity_Shamity demonstrates how non-violent techniques in various movements are doomed to fail while such people walk freely and such behavior is never challenged and infact fully endorsed. For humanity, this isn't just "normal", it's "fun" sport. That the victims are vulnerable and unable to retaliate without severe consequences just makes the sport all the more satisfying.

TinyPortal © 2005-2015